It's been a very busy few months, but when our family laptop bit the dust, I took the opportunity to buy myself a new system with UPGRADES! After listening to advice and doing some of my own research, I bought a Lenovo L520 ThinkPad. Since I normally buy Dells, this was a departure from my comfort zone. I'm happy to report that the laptop is very fast (VERY!), but it's going to take some getting used to. I finally upgraded to Windows 7 (yes, I was still an XP holdout), so I can't find anything. Sigh. Productivity has dropped slightly, but I'm getting there.
I also went for the docking station and dual monitor setup. I had one additional monitor previously, but I just used the laptop as the second screen (my laptop was massive - 17" screen), so it worked well enough. Daisy (my cat) was kind enough to provide setup assistance yesterday (see pic), and voila, the new configuration is complete!
I am loving the two monitors. I can leave all my Adobe apps running (Framemaker, Photoshop and Illustrator) at the same time (and the laptop can actually handle it), and I can have the software I'm working on open too since there is so much screen real estate. Daisy seems to enjoy tanning in front of the monitors!
The boys reaped the benefits... I wiped the old laptop and put Windows 7 on it for them. They love the 17" screen, and it's much faster than the seven year old relic they were using! Even more reason to use You Tube. Sigh.
And now back to work! I have exactly 8 working days to complete 20 days worth of work. Wish me luck!


No comments:
Post a Comment